Keen to learn the tricks of the trade to ensure your baked donuts are 'sweet as' EVERY SINGLE TIME... yeah you heard right! We've learnt a thing or two about making the perfect doughs and we are pumped to share these easy top 10 tips with you:
- Use canola oil to grease your donut pans, other oils make donuts stick to the pans.
- Wait until the donuts cool before removing them for the pans as they can be fragile when hot.
- Ensure the bowl you use to heat the truffle icing has been dried properly - moisture can make the icing lumpy.
- If you overheat icing it can make it lumpy - heat the icing for 20 seconds at a time and stir each time. If your microwave has the capability, it’s even better to turn it onto the melt setting but this isn’t a big deal.
- Another method for melting your icing is to use a double boiler to melt the icing.
- Use a fork to whisk out any lumps if you do get any.
- Add a little food colouring at a time to icing to ensure you reached your desired icing colour.
- Hold your donut by its sides and put the nicer looking side down into the icing.
- If you don’t like how your icing looks, or want to make the icing look thicker you can simply re-dip your donut. (The one-time double dipping is welcomed!)
- Decorate the donuts one at a time as you ice them to ensure the icing doesn’t dry before you decorate them.
Suss out which kit you're going to make by clicking here.
Tag us on the gram and show us what whipped up for your chance to win a free kit! @hungryhomerdonuts